Sunday, April 19, 2009

So, every night I have a theme song to my dream which plays over and over, and although I often do not remember the dream, I almost always remember the song. Last night was ‘Uncle Remus’ by Frank Zappa….
“I’ll take a drive to Beverly Hills, just before dawn, and knock the little jockeys off the rich peoples lawns, and before they get up, I’ll be gone….” What significance does the theme hold? I’ll leave it to individual interpretation.
I have procrastinated under pressure to start this blog, so here it begins. At 2:45 in the morning I am flying to Hong Kong with six colleagues, waiting for twelve hours, and then flying to Kathmandu. There we will venture on to our nursing practicums, which I am positive will be an enriching and exciting experience. I am trying to think hard about what my mindset and life is about now, so that I can reflect on how it has been shaped and changed on my return. Preparations otherwise have been limited to packing and unease about the long flight.
This journey would not have been possible for me without the love and support of my family, and I am ever grateful to them. My beautiful Denman Island community has also been overwhelmingly supportive, and I feel privileged to be a part of it. I am sure that I will have more interesting bits to write about later, but for now, this is just to get started. I wonder what sort of theme songs I will have in Nepal…..

No comments:

Post a Comment